Friday, August 6, 2010

The Cardinal Sin of Bloggery

I wish something this dramatic had happened.


I know I'm new to the whole blog thing, but even a noob like myself knows that waiting a month between posts defeats the purpose of the exercise. I've disappointed my legions of fans and followers. The nameless hordes grown ravenous for morsels of wisdom in my absence, and for that I apologize.

In my defense, if form followed function, my previous laptop would look something like the picture above. The old warhorse came down with a massive virus, prompting me into a 3 a.m. panic of password changing before someone stole my identity with that key-logger (not sure why you'd want to be a chubby, midwestern man-boy, but shame on you all the same, Mr. Hacker). I decided to send her out to pasture. I got 5 years of college and a couple of unpublished novels out of her so, you know...that'll do pig; that'll do.

Next day, after the sales attendant asked why I was crying, I handed him my credit card and pointed a shaky finger at the mac-book. I'm not disappointed with the product. Granted, I'm now taking up residence in a tent display at Bass Pro Shop (shhhhhh, don't tell anyone!), but this certainly is one fine machine. It feels a bit childish to do anything on it thus far; its capabilities warrant more serious endeavors than googling myself and playing Peggle. However, until I can get an audience at the White House, load my fancy 3d projections into the war room, and say "No, Mr. President. The asteroid will strike in two hours...IN NEW YORK!" I guess I'll just have to be content with useless blogging.

Then again, the processor on this thing is fast enough to play Starcraft 2.

Maybe I won't be posting for a while, after all...




No comments:

Post a Comment