Saturday, June 26, 2010

Honoring the Iconoclast: An Introduction

Pictured Above: an example to admire
In lieu of actually coming up with a focus for this blog and sticking to it, I’ll be spending a large amount of my time reviewing a bunch of things that fall into my pedestrian areas of interest (comics, books, movies, music, education, politics, etc). I feel that you, the reader, need more irrelevant opinions about things you may or may not be interested in; the internet is running short on such commentary.

Criticism is a time-tested strategy that both provides material to write about and the comforting illusion that the writer is somehow participating in his largely consumer existence. But I’m walking in the footsteps of giants here. Out of deference and respect for my forebears, I present my first recurring series of posts, Honoring the Iconoclasts.

Honoring the Iconoclasts will curate the greatest examples of literary criticism found in the rich scholarly field of Amazon.com. Specifically, I seek out the fearless opinions of those readers unafraid to tackle the enthralled tastes of the canon, those mavericks unafraid “to calls them like theys see them.”

Stay tuned and prepare to have your mind blown.

No comments:

Post a Comment